Join us in our mission to make the world a safer place by working to support a high-profile technology based start-up initiative at UL. Based in Northbrook, Illinois, you’ll work closely with a passionate and dynamic team as we source and select the brightest and best talent to join our organization. You’ll leverage multiple recruiting tools and resources, utilize your creative sourcing skills to unearth in-demand talent as you manage full-cycle recruiting for a variety of positions. Your efforts will have a direct impact on the future success of our organization because of the talent you source and the partnerships you build.
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
- Become a trusted recruiting partner with hiring managers, from defining search strategies to providing counsel on hiring decisions and offer negotiations.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledgebase of internal customer groups to effectively target recruiting efforts in the marketplace.
- Promote the UL brand while utilizing creative sourcing techniques to identify and attract active and passive talent.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting for a variety of positions ranging from individual contributor to leadership level across multiple skill sets to build out a cross-functional team within the start-up.
- Leverage your technology know-how in your use of multiple recruiting tools and resources as well as ensuring compliance and accuracy within our Applicant Tracking System.
Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and fill vacancies in a fast-paced environment while adhering to applicable labor law.
- A knack for utilizing recruiting tools and social networks to pro-actively source candidates and fill vacancies quickly and cost-effectively. Must be willing and able to develop a comprehensive and creative sourcing strategy – going above and beyond traditional channels - to deliver in-demand talent.
- Confident interpersonal skills with an ability to build positive relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to understand business strategy to articulately and persuasively position UL as an employer of choice to prospective candidates.
- Solid time management skills and a talent for managing multiple searches, projects, and administrative tasks simultaneously.