Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Senior Food Safety Auditor - CT, NJ, RI Territory
Under minimal supervision, project manages the completion of assigned client food safety audits. Educates and trains client employees on food safety practices. Conducts food safety training for clients and works with them to adopt important safety principles. Prepares written analyses for clients which include observations, assessments and recommendations conveyed during the audits.
1. Independently project manages the completion of assigned client food safety audits.
2. Utilizes food safety knowledge and training to objectively analyze and assess food safety, sanitation and security measures at client locations, primarily restaurants and grocery stores.
3. Supports the client adoption of important food safety principles.
4. Serves as liaison between client and Health Department when requested.
5. Trains, mentors and provides new auditors with current food safety and sanitation knowledge and standards. Supports management’s efforts to ensure audit work is done consistently throughout the organization. Reviews and approves audits of assigned staff and provides feedback and coaching.
6. Supports the internal communications plan by providing progress reports, audit statuses and other critical information.
7. Assists with the improvement of Foodborne Illness, Crisis Management, Standardization, Onboarding and other programs as directed.
8. Provides support via the auditor helpline on a rotating basis.
9. May provide supervision of other Foody Safety Auditors.
10. Performs other duties as directed.