Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Manages the overall sales effort for the Consumer & Retail Services division (CRS) in the North America region. Responsibilities include setting targets, tracking, coaching, training and allocating resources under minimal supervision. Develops a strategy, builds and maintains a professional sales force organization and capabilities. Responsible for selling both for the local market and selling to get on to approved vendor lists for the international markets. Responsible for retail and brand relationships in North America. Reports to the North America General Manager CRS.
*1. Leads, develops and implements strategic/tactical plans through Sales Managers and sales staff to achieve assigned sales orders, revenue, and market development objectives.
*2. Develops, leads, and expands a professional sales force organization and capabilities to support UL’s Commercial Organization vision and business objectives. Works closely with local management and others to achieve proper demand management and capacity planning across the network. This includes the transparent management of the sales pipeline in such a way as to provide visibility on business opportunity from lead to invoice in support of medium range forecasting, ie. 3-6 months. Collaborate and coordinate delivery of global opportunities across and among regions. Responsible for revenue recognized in North America but delivered overseas.
*3. Develops, gains buy-in and implements key marketing strategies and plans necessary to focus on sales priorities which generate short- and long-term revenue growth.
*4. Develops sales capabilities within the organization including recruiting, training and coaching as well as formalized sales processes and tools required to support the activities.
*5. Manages sales incentives programs to ensure achievement of business objectives and to promote behaviors consistent with UL’s business philosophy.
*6. Implements industry strategies typically on a regional basis, providing input to industry teams with marketplace and account feedback.
*7. Manages the performance of direct reports by developing accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing career counseling, feedback and guidance and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
*8. Represent the region, and perhaps the division, among the professional sales family within the division, and perhaps the enterprise, both sharing and identifying best practices to improve functional performance.
*9. Performs other duties as directed.
• Successful, well rounded executive with a University degree and typically 10 plus years of sales management experience, management experience in dynamic manufacturing and retail sectors from consumer products-based industries.
• Proven financial management experience and result driven
• Sensitive to Public Safety, and has concern for the greater social good.
• A resourceful, decisive, and dynamic leader. An individual with a strong sense of purpose, integrity, "hands on" management style, cultural sensitivity, but also a compelling desire to succeed. Possesses a healthy level of impatience with the status quo, but can execute the required culture change globally without serious damage to employee engagement.
• Organizational savvy, ideally having successfully led in a matrixed organizational structure.
• Outstanding motivational and coaching abilities; a team builder and leader; one who can inspire an organization to reach superior levels of performance.
• An innovative and resourceful problem solver with a strong entrepreneurial bent; an individual who is firm and decisive in addressing difficult issues, and can operate effectively in fast paced and demanding environments.
Other Personal Characteristics
• Capable of changing culture without negative impact.
• Outstanding strength of character - one who is thoroughly self confident, yet not arrogant. An upbeat person with impeccable integrity and ethics.
• A quick study - one who can learn a new business rapidly, and thrive in a steep learning curve environment.
• University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Business Administration or a related discipline plus generally ten years’ experience in sales with prior sales force management level experience.
• Strong technical and business/economic foundation, including formal account planning, sales strategy development, sales tracking and measurement
• Extensive travelling within the region is expected