Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Consumer Technology Division (CTECH), is looking for an experienced Project Manager. In this role, you will manage multiple, concurrent projects for our business development team, from ideation through post-launch, to deliver innovative and sustaining global service offerings. You will manage and enforce the use of a global Standardized process for Business Development to ensure successful launch and return on investment of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Manage the Business Development Process ensuring effective execution of projects.
* Assist with the management of multiple projects with varied complexities that run concurrently
* Maintain project schedules, communication plans, meeting schedules, and agendas
* Plan and direct project schedules and budgets.
* Monitor projects from initiation through post-delivery, interfacing with stakeholders on applicable matters.
* Oversee the coordination of program/project activities including stage gates and status report updates
* Ensure and maintain a consistent, high level of stakeholder and sponsor engagement
* Ensure all data in relevant applications is current and accurate
* Demonstrate strong professional skills, influencing stakeholders, problem solving, vendor management, and time management
* Demonstrate advanced proficiency in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
* Provides regular feedback to stakeholders to maintain and improve upon the process.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, or a related field plus eight years of directly related experience
* High level of proficiency in project management, client relationship management, verbal communication, oral communication, negotiation and presentation skills
* 3+ years of project management experience
* CAPM or PMP certification is preferred
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings, negotiate and influence outcomes
* Demonstrated ability to execute projects to achieve stated objectives.
* Ability to identify and manage priorities as demonstrated by the ability to establish, track and meet schedules for multiple projects while maintaining high quality and exceptional customer service.