We are searching for a Senior Manager of Product Development who is ready to harness her or his creativity, experience, and a user-centered design process to produce products that are safe, effective, and satisfying to the intended users. The successful candidate will be a broadly talented individual who wants a platform where they can develop and implement innovative ideas and serve in a high-energy, leadership role on an extraordinary team.
Our business' core team includes human factors, industrial design, and engineering specialists who have well over a century of combined industry experience. We are an agile product development consultancy that helps clients get to market quickly with the right product while minimizing business risk. Our team draws upon other experts within UL to make sure that final products can be readily certified according to an array of standards in both domestic and foreign market requirements.
In the medical space, our team members and UL affiliates have made significant contributions to such important products as surgical robots, heart-lung machines, heart pumps, anesthesia machines, drug injection systems, and desktop and mobile device applications that support management of chronic diseases such as diabetes and multiple sclerosis. We are more than medical though. We have also contributed to such diverse products as an automobile diagnostic system, many commercial websites, a food vending machine, and weather forecasting equipment.
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
- Leads and provides technical guidance to project teams striving to develop optimized, user-friendly products.
- Subject matter expert on projects requiring extensive technical and managerial experience and judgment.
- Participates in key technical meetings to guide clients towards developing safe, effective, and satisfying products.
- Educates customers regarding best-in-class approaches to human factors engineering, user interface design, industrial design, and product development in general.
- Leads a team of technical specialists and administrative support resources, provides coaching and development
- Establishes strong relationships with key customers to understand their needs, ensure open channels of communications during projects, and identify and respond to new business opportunities.
- Analyzes internal and competitor capabilities and takes steps to ensure we are viewed as a “best-in-class” resource.
- Works with internal resources to meet utilization targets, ensure quality work and achieve revenue and profit goals.
- University Degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, industrial design, human factors engineering, information design, graphic design, or related field
- 10+ years of experience managing multidisciplinary teams that include research and/or design professionals
- Experience working in the medical device, pharmaceutical, consumer electronic product, appliance, or automobile industry
- Requires a focused individual that has a clear vision and can think strategically.
- Experience leading large research and development projects, including resource planning and applying quality management principles
- Extensive experience growing new business opportunities, including the delivery of capability presentations, preparation of proposals, and establishment of formal business relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication and advisory skills interacting with colleagues and customers worldwide.
EEO is the Law
UL is committed to hiring and retaining a qualified diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.