UL Transaction Security is a member of the UL Family of Companies. Founded in 1894, UL is a premier safety company with more than a century of proven history, leading the world in enhancing safe living and working environments, facilitating global trade and serving as a trusted source of information and knowledge. UL employs over 11,000 professionals who work in over 100 countries.
The Transaction Security division of UL extends this safety mission statement from the physical world to safety and security in the digital world. UL Transaction Security focusses on securing and certifying large, mission critical digital transaction infrastructures such as mobile, payment and ticketing networks and infrastructure. UL provides in-depth technical advisory services, testing and certification services and accredited testing platforms to relevant stakeholders in the market.
Lead engagements responsible for documenting, evaluating, and testing the security of security products. Will perform evaluations of these products with the aim to analyze their strength and weaknesses in accordance with applicable requirements and standards.
This position is primarily aimed at the Common Criteria (NIAP Certification) Consultation and Evaluations. Candidates with previous exposure to this, or similar, programs are encouraged to apply. Candidates with strong technical backgrounds and an ability to adapt to new challenges are encouraged to apply.
1. Comprehend and interpret complex functional, documentation, and assurance requirements as they apply to many different technology types. This will include network devices (switches, routers), WLAN access points, firewalls, application software (server, desktop, and mobile), self-encryptind hard drives, VPN gateways, emerging technologies, and other technology types.
2. Use the information and context available to assess product compliance. This will include documentation review, product (functional) testing, and direct interaction with product vendors.
3. Collaborate with product vendors to generate documentation describing various security characteristics as required by the applicable standards.
4. Work closely with customers to meet their requirements; including producing expertise reports on the findings. Effective communication with them whenever it is necessary.
5. Follow-up with the latest technical developments in the physical attacks area that need to be contributed to the internal R&D developments in hardware (analogue and digital electronics) and software (C, C#, and others) to enhance the level of our attacks and to explore new forms of attacks.
6. Provide high-level technical support in areas like test planning and logistics, update of test procedures, training and resolution of quality issues.
7. Maintains/improves technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, obtaining applicable certifications and participating in professional societies and cross-departmental task forces.
8. Performs other duties as directed.
*ADA Essential Function (applies only to the U.S.)
University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree) in Electronic/Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or a related discipline plus 3-5 years of related experience.
Good skills in networking highly prefferred. Official CCNA/CCNP not required.
Software development exposure preferred.
Familiar with test equipment and working in a multi-skills environment mixing electronic, optical, security, mechanical, and IT.
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
A self-motivated team player who is able to work independently and likes to bring new ideas for technical development.