- Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under minimal supervision, sets up complicated equipment and performs complicated testswithin areas of responsibility where working knowledge of the underlying scientific andengineering fundamentals is required. These may include tests without publishedrequirements, or those involving unique features that require the use of independentjudgment. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations. Mayassist PDEs and/or Engineering to modify existing methods or develop and validate new testmethods. Initiates recommendations for new equipment designs. Provides feedback and mayassist in development of laboratory procedure guides (LPG). Provides training and assistsothers in the laboratory.
- Examines test samples and reads measuring instruments, blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance, provides feedback regarding issues and/or problems with test and data sheets and reviews test and construction data with supervisor and/or lab work requestor as appropriate. Operates with minimal supervision within defined limits of responsibility.
- Directs, builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. Trains staff in test setups and test methods. Initiates recommendations for new equipment designs and recommends solutions to observed test problems.
- Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
- Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel. Communicates with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
- Communicates with the appropriate department personnel to offer suggestions pertinent to equipment needs.
- Records observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepare data sheets and test reports.
- Plans tests, evaluates test results and reports opinions and interpretations. May assist PDEs and/or Engineering to modify existing methods or develop and validate new test methods.
- Provides training and assist others in the laboratory.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Some University education in a related discipline plus four years directly relatedexperience required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed