Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
UL Transaction Security is a member of the UL Family of Companies. Founded in 1894, UL is a premier safety company with more than a century of proven history, leading the world in enhancing safe living and working environments, facilitating global trade and serving as a trusted source of information and knowledge. UL employs over 11,000 professionals who work in over 100 countries.
The Transaction Security division of UL extends this safety mission statement from the physical world to safety and security in the digital world. UL Transaction Security focusses on securing and certifying large, mission critical digital transaction infrastructures such as mobile, payment and ticketing networks and infrastructure. UL provides in-depth technical advisory services, testing and certification services and accredited testing platforms to relevant stakeholders in the market.
Under general supervision, the TS Software Engineer implements software solutions and takes the responsibility of the technical design and architecture of software components. Acts as mentor to junior software engineers, supports architects with his hands on experience. Able to communicate project statuses in a clear concise way to customers and internal staff. Meets customer demands and delivery requirements in all respects.
1. Develops software programs by analyzing requirements, preparing specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting.
2. Improves software performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending, integrating and documenting solutions.
3. Resolves problems by devising or modifying programs considering equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results; QA activities and responsibilities included.
4. Identifies software requirements by interviewing users, interviewing and selecting vendors (if applicable), analyzing applications, evaluating existing and proposed software and recommending solutions.
5. Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, forming project teams, establishing project budgets, developing schedules, assigning, prioritizing and monitoring work, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems and writing documents and reports.
6. Maintains/improves technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, obtaining applicable certifications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of the art practices and participating in professional societies and cross-departmental task forces.
7. Acts as a mentor to junior software engineers.
8. Performs code reviews of junior software engineers and provides constructive feedback on any findings, both verbal and in writing.
9. Supports architects with his hands-on experience in leveraging software frameworks and toolkits.
10. Performs other duties as directed.