Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
UL is searching for a senior consultant to join our EHS & Sustainability (EHSS) Advisory Services Team. The consultant will be responsible for helping to grow our sustainability consulting practice by working with our commercial teams to identify prospects and land projects, manage and deliver on those projects and assist the organization in achieving its strategic and revenue goals. We are looking for someone with 5-10 years of experience in sustainability and environmental framework consulting to large organizations, particularly global organizations with large footprints. Our ideal candidate will have a network of contacts, an impressive portfolio of projects, strategic thought leadership in the sustainability and environmental reporting arena, and the ability to deliver excellent projects and customer service. This position s located anywhere within the US or UK, preferably in Chicago, Nashville, or Cambridge, UK.
We expect the candidate to be able to hit the ground running, with the ability to achieve the following results:
Example of Deliverables in YEAR 1:
· Business Development (50%- 70% of the time)
o Identify/Creating new service offerings
o Collaborating with Sales and Commercial team
· Responsible for $200K + USD of Revenue
· Secure 1st Sale in first 6 months or less
· Manage project from Initiation through delivery
· Support the development of UL EHSS Advisory Services infrastructure, tools, and deliverable templates
Example of Deliverables in YEAR 2:
· Continue Business Development Activity
· Grow total revenue for which candidate is responsible by 10-20%
· Grow a practice area
· Develop and manage a team
· Maintain open and collaborative relationships with Commercial Teams
· Work with remote teams in different time zones and cultures
· Moderate to medium travel required
· Business case development, executive and C-Suite level presentations
· Support international business development and strategic engagement of non-governmental organizations and government agencies and regulators
· Contribute to UL EHSS’s intellectual capital through research and writing
UL EHSS is always in need of business-focused talented individuals. The position requires a minimum of 5-10 years consulting experience in Environmental or Sustainably fields. This is a high visibility/growth opportunity for a candidate with strong project management and business development competencies.
· Strong program/project management and leadership skills to manage projects utilizing personnel from multiple disciplines