Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The Scrum Master will be responsible for leading multiple scrum teams through scrum processes and ceremonies in a scaled agile environment. Candidates must have experience effectively guiding both intermediate and mature product development teams through iterative delivery cadences, with an eye toward predictive, sustainable delivery of value back to the business stakeholders.
The Scrum Master will work as part of a team of Scrum Masters responsible for ensuring transparency through proactive communication of metrics and escalation of roadblocks. The Scrum Master must be adept at identifying process bottlenecks, surfacing hidden impediments, and ensuring inspect and adapt feedback loops illicit valuable action items.
Central to this role is a focus on consistent delivery of planned sprint items. This role is part administration and will require effective capacity planning, planning tasks within stories, and ensuring transparency in the ALM tool for stakeholders. This role will use current tools to assist teams with release planning based on sprint objectives. This role is weighted towards tactical scrum master activities at a team level as opposed to agile coaching across the organization.
• Facilitate all scrum related activities including sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, sprint retrospective, and product demos.
• Ensure transparency in capacity and release planning.
• Work closely with Product Owners to ensure backlog is ready for refinement ceremonies.
• Ensure scrum teams are able to meet sprint commitments by helping them keep each other accountable and by removing road blocks.
• Assist teams in establishing and honoring work contracts.
• Coach teams and individuals in agile practices as appropriate and encourage experimentation as it pertains to delivery of business value.
• Ensure transparency through reporting metrics, escalating impediments as appropriate, and helping teams visualize planned and unplanned work.
• Protect the teams from distractions (internal and external).
• Assist teams in pivoting as business needs require.
Facilitate open discussion, problem solving and conflict resolution activities.
· Minimum 2+ years of Scrum Master experience
· Ability to identify and manage risk
· Strong leadership and organization skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, and people and team building skills
· Must have the ability to train and/or others on the scrum methodology and framework
· Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or comparable experience
· Scrum Master Certification
· Scaled Agile Framework or LeSS certifications
· 5+ years of experience in managing or performing IT development projects using an Agile Scrum approach
· Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)