Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The Software QA Engineer will be primarily responsible for creating and automating test scenarios and identifying/reporting defects. This individual will be a pivotal member of an Agile development team working closely with developers, product owners, and technical writers. This individual should be passionate about quality and test automation. The candidate will also help manage our test environments, develop and document processes, and develop and maintain our test libraries. A balance of strong technical testing experience along with excellent communication and team interaction skills will be key to the success of this role.
UL EHSS follows the Scaled Agile Framework. Quality assurance analysts and automation test engineers are embedded in each team working side-by-side other Scrum roles to deliver high value product features in a timely manner. This position requires a highly motivated individual comfortable with a fast-paced dynamic environment. The candidate must be an enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects. We are looking for a true team player who has a great attitude, leads by example, and is not afraid to seek out help within his team and across other teams when necessary. This role will report to the QA Manager in our Franklin, TN office.
• Develop effective, reusable and maintainable automated functional test framework and test scripts to achieve maximum code coverage in a fast-paced agile environment
• Collaborate with your scrum team to determine the best methods to use to test the acceptance criteria in sprint stories (unit, API, UI, Performance, etc.)
• Ensure that automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms
• Design, develop, execute automation scripts using Selenium/C# and analyze automation test results
• Review automated tests of peers and provide suggestions to improve the quality and efficiency of the tests
• Participate in production deployments to validate quality and success of the release
• Help define, implement and maintain automation strategies that enable the team to perform more thorough regression testing of existing functionality, earlier in the release cycle
• Participate and provide input in requirement and technical design review meetings
• Monitor issues identified during testing and mitigate/escalate issues as necessary
• Perform manual testing of test cases as and when needed
• Stay up to date on general knowledge of software architecture; understanding component and application breakdown and interaction
• 3+ years’ experience using various automated testing tools and methods in web based applications
• Expertise in Selenium and C#
• Experience in the writing, executing, and maintenance of automated test scripts
• Hands-on experience with test management tools such as TestRail, Rally, Jira
• Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, GIT or equivalent tools
• Experience with testing APIs, Back-End Services, and databases
• Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of industry standard quality assurance methodologies, standards and best practices
• Desire and ability to learn new technologies and techniques as they emerge
• Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
• Knowledge and experience in cloud based technologies and frameworks desirable
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral, presentation)
• Experience within healthcare related industry is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field