Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
The Senior Software Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the necessary frameworks, tools, scripts, and test data for effective and efficient test execution in an Agile Scrum environment across multiple product lines. A balance of strong technical experience along with excellent communication and team interaction skills will be key to the success of this role.
UL EHSS follows the Scaled Agile Framework. Quality assurance analysts and automation test engineers are embedded in each team working side-by-side other Scrum roles to deliver high value product features in a timely manner. The Senior Software Automation Engineer will support these teams by providing technical leadership and expertise, continuing to develop and extend our automation framework, and promoting continuous integration and continuous delivery strategies to increase software speed to market. We are looking for a true team player who has a great attitude, leads by example, and can drive the team’s effort to achieve maximum automation coverage. This is a key role in our organization and will report to the QA Manager in our Franklin, TN office.
• Help define, implement and maintain automation strategies that enable the team to perform more thorough regression testing of existing functionality, earlier in the release cycle
• Develop and apply automated test frameworks and tools to meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability and maintainability
• Ensure that Automation scripts function well across all supported browsers and platforms
• Review automated tests and provide suggestions to improve the quality and efficiency of the tests
• Partner with developers and IT to improve and automate development, test and release processes in support of a continuous delivery model
• Develop and lead the implementation of our QA cloud strategy
• Participate and provide input in requirement and technical design review meetings
• Stay up to date on general knowledge of software architecture; understanding component and application breakdown and interaction
• Create and perform functional, usability, platform compatibility, and performance tests on software applications, systems, and web sites and willingness to execute both manual and automated tests as needed in addition to development responsibilities
• 5+ years' experience in a technical QA engineering or development role covering automation, performance tools, and Agile quality assurance processes in a SaaS environment
• Current hands-on experience writing, executing, and maintaining automated scripts with test automation tools and libraries
• Expertise in Selenium and C#
• Knowledge and experience in cloud based technologies and frameworks
• Hands-on experience with test management tools such as Test Rail, Rally, Jira
• Experience working in a continuous integration or continuous delivery environment using TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, GIT or equivalent tools
• Ability to work in multiple complex testing environments in order to test cross-platform impacts including web browsers, IOS, and Android mobile platforms
• Experience with testing APIs, Back-End Services, and databases
• Proven knowledge and understanding of industry standard quality assurance methodologies, standards and best practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to discuss issues and concepts with technical and business stakeholders
• Desire and ability to learn new technologies and techniques as they emerge
• Proactive work ethic with the ability to deliver results and meet challenging deadlines
• Exceptional organizational, time management and project management skills
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills with a pro-active approach
• Prior development experience a big plus
• Experience within healthcare or safety related industry a plus
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience