Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
To learn more, visit: http://www.ul.com/
About the UL Safety Index
Building a safer world through better access to safety data. To increase the number of safe countries around the world, we must address societal influences of safety and invest in specific interventions to hazards. The UL Safety Index is a data science initiative that seeks to address gaps in knowledge and information about health and safety by providing a country safety index for 187 nations. Advancing knowledge to address important and emerging safety challenges is central to the UL mission. The UL Safety Index is a significant step towards our commitment of providing better safety statistics to create better safety outcomes. The UL Safety Index will grow to further address worldwide safety in a comprehensive manner by including historical data and adapting it to specific geographic and community levels. To learn more, visit: https://ulsafetyindex.org/
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our team! Under general supervision, the Data Analyst is responsible for identifying, aggregating, analyzing and reporting on data that supports UL’s Public Safety Mission supporting research, grant funding and business development.
Researches safety topics in order to locate appropriate data to support analysis of the topic. Conducts data validation, statistical analyses, and data mapping. Develops mathematical models and programming solutions to perform complex analyses.
Assists with the definition and development of user-friendly reports and graphics that integrate and convey complex data/information.
1. Identifies sources of credible safety data and maintains safety data catalog to provide key data sources to internal and external stakeholders.
2. Conducts in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced statistical methods. Implements algorithms and software to perform analyses.
3. Aggregates and transforms data to test hypotheses, prepares and analyzes data to meet the needs of efficient data analysis.
4. Develops and implements programming solutions to conduct data preparation, analysis and visualization in support of statistical modeling, data analytics and interpretation.
5. Transforms complex data into creative graphs, tables, charts and other graphics in order to present and/or share the data in a comprehensive and concise manner.
6. Writes supporting methodology, analysis and conclusion sections for inclusion in research papers, proposals and presentations.
7. Assesses safety trends and provides analysis to identify emerging safety issues.
8. Identifies and defines opportunities for safety solutions by analyzing historical patterns.
9. Assists in defining, developing and deploying safety data, analytics and reporting products and services.
10. Performs other duties as directed.
Grow and Achieve. Growth and development are part of our DNA. Our working environment is a launch pad for our employees to excel. Your growth will be supported with targeted development, rewards and recognition programs, so that you can maximize your potential.