Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Under general supervision, performs moderately complex tests to ensure software is working properly and to identify issues. Reports defects and partners with software teams to ensure timely resolution. Supports software teams with the implementation of software enhancements.
1. Creates and runs moderately complex test cases to identify defects in software. Documents potential issues and provides the reports to software teams.
2. Partners with software teams to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. Retests software following problem resolution to ensure issues are resolved and identify any new issues.
3. Supports software implementation and enhancement projects. Ensures that the final product is working properly.
4. Provides support to software support teams in diagnosing and resolving issues.
5. Assesses current software tests and plans the testing schedule. Provides recommendations for new methods and criteria to be tested.
6. Provides training and supports associate analysts with more complex tests and issues.
7. Performs other duties as directed.
University degree in Quality Assurance, Computer Science, or a related discipline plus generally two years of directly related experience. Ability to run standardized tests and accurately document issues.