Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Responsible for managing the implementation of significant projects involving complex systems or multiple deliverables which are global in scope. Plans and directs program schedules and budgets. Monitors program from project initiation through delivery, interfacing with stakeholders on applicable matters. Oversees the coordination of program/project activities which are very large scale, complex and global in scope. Assigns and monitors work of program staff.
Partner the successful application of new digital fulfillment systems, LIMS (Laboratory Information Systems), aid in global technical excellence and consistency, and help guide the business’s journey towards a culture of Operational Excellence. Work closely with Senior Leadership, IT, ULU and Lean Sigma Belts on key transformative global programs.
Additional responsibilities include:
1. Participates with other senior managers to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives. Monitors and updates progress as appropriate, including KPIs and their supporting KBIs (Key Behavioral Indicators).
2. Regularly interacts with executives and major internal/external customers. Interaction and interpersonal skills may involve facilitation and influencing.
3. May direct and control activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company having overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, methods and staff.
4. Manages the performance of direct or indirect team members by defining accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing career counseling, feedback, and guidance, and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
5. Leads groups into development of creative or disruptive ideas and approaches. Facilitate the sharing of best practices and the collection of employee generated ideas.
6. Help develop global buy-in, communications, change management, continuity planning etc. that engages and energizes employees.
7. Constantly seeks way to remove bureaucracy and increase cross functional/regional awareness and excitement.
8. Perform other duties as required