Under general supervision, the Hazard Review Specialist reviews submissions to the WERCSmart system and prepares the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as ordered for domestic retailers.
Provides support to Customer Service and Sales to ensure client needs are met.
Provides knowledge of regulatory issues and requirements for enhancement of WERCS software and testing.
(see "UL the Wercs" homepage for information on WERCSmart system)
1. Reviews WERCSmart submissions for accurate and timely delivery of regulatory data to retailers.
2. Authors MSDS and other regulatory documents as ordered through the WERCSmart system.
3.Provides regulatory knowledge and expertise to clients as needed for compliance with US and Canadian retail regulatory requirements.
4. Utilizes knowledge of regulatory requirements to improve WERC’s software through automation, rules, and wizards.
5. Collaborates with product development and programming teams to improve and assist with testing of software. Provides feedback on performance of software to management and product development to improve software products.
6. Assists the customer service team by responding to customer inquiries by email, phone, or in-person to support authoring or regulatory service projects.
7. Performs other duties as directed.
University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Toxicology, or a related discipline.
Demonstrate effective time management, prioritizing of work, multi-tasking across many assignments and delegation.