Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Works within the standard operating procedures under moderate degree of supervision within the area of expertise and drives the sale of designated specialty Software products and services in collaboration with account owners.
▪ Supports development of multi-year account plans in Software by providing insight on area of specialization (specific product / service)
▪ Contributes to the development of strategy for their assigned specialized Software products / services by providing input on customer needs, pain points, trends, etc. to product / service manager
▪ Maintains ongoing plan to prioritize portfolio of accounts and maintain relationships throughout the year, identifying opportunities for software renewal
▪ Under moderate guidance, performs product demos and advises customers on how to integrate software into an existing IT environment
▪ Uses technical credibility to build relationships with buyers and centers of influence, in support of serving Global accounts
▪ Serves as main point of client contact for specialty Software products / services throughout sales cycle
▪ Specific to the customer’s current technology platforms and systems, communicates value proposition of assigned specialty products / services to clients based on highly technical knowledge
▪ Maintains ongoing relationships after initial sale has closed in order to effectively convert software renewals
▪ Works under moderate guidance of the sales leadership on proposals and closings in the field for assigned specialty product / service sales as directed by GAM, SAM or regionally focused Global support KAM
▪ Actions on opportunities to sell specialty Software product / services
▪ Works with account managers on discovery and opportunity identification for assigned specialty products / services
▪ Works under the guidance of account managers to seamlessly work with customers throughout the sales cycle
▪ Collaborates with Solution Architects in gathering customer requirements
▪ Serves as primary point of contact for specialty products / services, responsible for articulating value proposition and managing client interactions
▪ Brings in additional technical resources (e.g., engineers) when needed to support sales opportunities of assigned specialty products / services
▪ Provides input to account owner during account planning process on potential growth opportunities within assigned solution area
▪ Makes connections and builds trusted advisor status with relevant account owners
▪ Supports smooth hand-off of customer to implementation teams or E&A customer success post-sale
▪ Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in software engineering or related field
▪ Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), and CRM software
▪ Relevant technical capabilities related to assigned specialty product / service
▪ 2+ years of related sales experience
▪ Deep knowledge and experience with specialty product / services within assigned Software portfolio
▪ Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
▪ Business acumen and deep understanding of business sales processes
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
The salary range for this position is $46k - $62k and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
All employees at UL Solutions are eligible for annual bonus compensation. The target for this position is 75% of the base salary offered. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level.
We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours).
Internal applicants with questions related to the Total Rewards for this position should submit a ticket via askHR for more insights.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: