Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Our CTECH division contributes to society’s progress by enabling the adoption of new technologies. We want to be the best service provider for services that enable customers to successfully launch electronic and wireless products that are safe, compliant and delight their end users. Being the best means being able to serve the most demanding customers, the latest technologies and product innovations while consistently providing outstanding quality, service and value, so that we make every customer an advocate of UL and sustain market leadership in the areas we compete in.
• Follows complex defined test plans and datasheets with necessary supervision/support. Evaluates test performance
and sample operation to properly evaluate test results. Records and explains test results and completes test report.
• Communicates project status and results as needed. Holds responsibility for defining test plan, report completion and accuracy, meeting of agreed deadlines, and managing project related activities.
• Examines complex customer samples with help and learns to operate appropriate tests for each case. Communicates
with customers during setup and operation to ensure proper evaluation.
• Understands specific test standards and product technology for scope of responsibility.
• Directs, builds and/or adapts simple test setups and equipment for assigned work, based on test plans and
instructions from engineering.
• Operates and maintains complex test equipment appropriately to measure and test customer samples. Performs
complex maintenance on designated test equipment and laboratory area. May perform complex calibration of test
• Integrates basic continuous improvement concepts and techniques for both process and equipment. Communicates
with management and technical staff to provide suggestions for new equipment, processes, and forms to improve
accuracy and efficiencies.
• Other duties as directed
Total Rewards: The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $61,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
All employees at UL Solutions are eligible for annual bonus compensation. The target for this position is 5% of the base salary offered. Employees are eligible for health benefits such as medical, dental and vision; wellness benefits such as mental & financial health; and retirement savings (401K) commensurate with the standard rewards offered in each individual location or country, for the relevant position level.
We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation (15 days), holiday including floating holidays (12 days) and sick time off (72 hours).
Internal applicants with questions related to the Total Rewards for this position should submit a ticket via askHR for more insights.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: