Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Works within the standard operating procedures under moderate degree of supervision within the area of expertise and drives the sale of designated specialty TIC products and services in collaboration with account owners.
▪ Supports development of GAM and SAM multi-year account plans in TIC by providing insight on area of specialization (specific product / service)
▪ Contributes to the development of strategy for their assigned specialized TIC products / services by providing input on customer needs, pain points, trends, etc. to product / service manager
▪ Maintains ongoing plan to prioritize portfolio of accounts and maintain relationships throughout the year
▪ Interfaces with customer and UL delivery teams during sales that require additional technical expertise for highly technical TIC services
▪ Uses technical credibility to build relationships with buyers and centers of influence, in support of GAM, SAM and KAMs (serving Global accounts)
▪ Communicates value proposition of assigned specialty products / services to clients based on highly technical knowledge
▪ Serves as main point of client contact for specialty TIC products / services throughout sales cycle
▪ Works under moderate guidance of the sales leadership on proposals and closings in the field for assigned specialty TIC product / service sales as directed by GAM, SAM or regionally focused Global support KAM
▪ Actions on opportunities to sell specialty product / services
▪ Works with the remaining account managers on discovery and opportunity identification for assigned specialty products / services
▪ Works under the guidance of account managers (GAMs, SAMs, KAMs) to seamlessly work with customers throughout the sales cycle
▪ Serves as primary point of contact for specialty products / services, responsible for articulating value proposition and managing client interactions
▪ Brings in additional technical resources (e.g., engineers) when needed to support sales opportunities of assigned specialty products / services
▪ Provides input to account owner during account planning process on potential growth opportunities within assigned solution area
▪ Makes connections and builds trusted advisor status with relevant account owners
Supports smooth hand-off of customer to implementation teams or TIC customer success post-sale
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: