Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
The ideal candidate will lead unique and complex conformity assessment activities within an assigned geography(ies) and/or functional area(s), to drive results, within function responsibilities, related to Conformity Assessment Scheme development and management, and/or consultation activities and external influence, taking into account the related market and customer needs, trade policy, regulators, UL Policies, accreditors and other stakeholders.
Will recommend solutions that balance business needs with safeguarding UL’s integrity and
Mission while ensuring compliance with established requirements.
Actively monitors the changing conformity assessment landscape to anticipate new
technology, regulatory and/or market trends and recommends process improvements to
UL’s conformity assessment policy portfolio and related governance structure.
Proactively engages with internal/external stakeholders to understand present and future
market needs related to acceptance of conformity assessment deliverables.
With experience, influence the internal/external conformity assessment community using sound Principals and best practices.
Provides recommendations on the alignment of Conformity Assessment Schemes with the
commercial and strategic business goals.
Leads internal/external teams or complex projects requiring greater resource
requirements, risk, and/or unique complexity, and develops the strategy for project
Candidate shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, International Relations, Business Administration, Political Science or related field, along with:
• 8 - 10 years or more related experience or demonstrated competency.
• Internally and/or externally recognized as a thought leader, with broad expertise in
applied conformity assessment.
• In-depth and/or breadth of expertise in regulations and applied conformity assessment.
• Proficient in understanding of relevant international conformity assessment standards
(CASCO toolbox) and their applications.
• Advanced understanding of market trends impacting assigned area of responsibility.
• Expert in the technical vocabulary common to conformity assessment services.
Other MINIMUM skills preferred include:
• Ability to clearly communicate unique and/or complex concepts and influence others to
adopt a different point of view.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and facilitate internal and customer meetings,
negotiate and produce the desired outcomes.
• Advanced project management, and leadership skills to manage projects utilizing
personnel from multiple disciplines and organizational levels.
• Ability to identify and manage priorities as demonstrated by the ability to establish,
track, and meet schedules for multiple projects while maintaining high quality and
exceptional customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a matrix organization.
• Strong communications, interpersonal and networking skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: