Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
• Follows complex test plans and datasheets. Evaluates test performance and sample operation to properly evaluate
test results. Records and explains test results and completes test report.
• Serves as Project Lead for complex test programs as assigned. Communicates project status and results as needed.
Holds responsibility for defining test plan, report completion and accuracy, meeting of agreed deadlines, and
managing project related activities.
• Examines complex customer samples and learns to operate appropriate tests for each case. Communicates with
customers during setup and operation to ensure proper evaluation.
• Understands and is able to explain specific test standards and product technology for scope of responsibility.
• Directs, builds and/or adapts simple test setups and equipment to new situations, based on test plans and
instructions from engineering. Trains other lab staff on these test procedures or equipment.
• Operates and maintains complex test and support equipment appropriately to measure and test customer samples
with the necessary help. Performs complex maintenance on designated test equipment and laboratory area. May
perform calibration of test equipment.
• For a single testing technology, integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the
job. Communicates with management and technical staff to provide suggestions for new equipment, processes, and
forms to improve accuracy and efficiencies.
• Other duties as directed
• University Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Microbiology, Biology, or
Chemistry from an accredited program; as well as 4 years work experience.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining high quality and exceptional customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully partner with Engineering and other Laboratory Personnel to complete projects in
a timely manner with high quality.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze special testing needs. Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor more junior laboratory
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with customers
• Proven ability to be innovative and creative
• Desire to work in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite is a must
• Ability to incorporate automation into day-to-day testing
UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: