Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Works within the standard operating procedures under moderate degree of supervision within the area of expertise and drives the sale of designated specialty TIC products (AHL - Appliances, HVAC, Lighting) and services in collaboration with account owners.
▪ Supports development of GAM and SAM multi-year account plans in TIC by providing insight on area of specialization (specific product / service)
▪ Contributes to the development of strategy for their assigned specialized TIC products / services by providing input on customer needs, pain points, trends, etc. to product / service manager
▪ Maintains ongoing plan to prioritize portfolio of accounts and maintain relationships throughout the year
▪ Interfaces with customer and UL delivery teams during sales that require additional technical expertise for highly technical TIC services
▪ Uses technical credibility to build relationships with buyers and centers of influence, in support of GAM, SAM and KAMs (serving Global accounts)
▪ Communicates value proposition of assigned specialty products / services to clients based on highly technical knowledge
▪ Serves as main point of client contact for specialty TIC products / services throughout sales cycle
▪ Works under moderate guidance of the sales leadership on proposals and closings in the field for assigned specialty TIC product / service sales as directed by GAM, SAM or regionally focused Global support KAM
▪ Actions on opportunities to sell specialty product / services
▪ Works with the remaining account managers on discovery and opportunity identification for assigned specialty products / services
▪ Works under the guidance of account managers (GAMs, SAMs, KAMs) to seamlessly work with customers throughout the sales cycle
▪ Serves as primary point of contact for specialty products / services, responsible for articulating value proposition and managing client interactions
▪ Brings in additional technical resources (e.g., engineers) when needed to support sales opportunities of assigned specialty products / services
▪ Provides input to account owner during account planning process on potential growth opportunities within assigned solution area
▪ Makes connections and builds trusted advisor status with relevant account owners
Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), and CRM software
Relevant technical capabilities related to assigned specialty product / service
2+ years of related sales experience
Deep knowledge and experience with specialty product / services within assigned TIC portfolio
Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
Business acumen and deep understanding of business sales processes
BA or BS Degree
UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: