Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Works within the standard operating procedures under moderate degree of supervision within the area of expertise to lead and support sales of specialty TIC product/services lines that require advanced technical credibility and expertise to sell.
▪ Maintains ongoing plan to prioritize portfolio of accounts and maintain relationships throughout the year
▪ Interfaces between customer and UL delivery teams during sales that require additional technical expertise as it relates to highly technical TIC services (Appliances, HVAC, Lighting)
▪ Communicates with customers primarily remotely (video, phone, email) to promote and sell specialty TIC products / services; travel as needed (up to 20%) for outreach to highest-potential customers
▪ Uses technical credibility to build relationships with buyers and centers of influence and support account owner relationships
▪ Communicates value proposition of assigned specialty TIC products / services to clients based on highly technical knowledge
▪ Supports sales for assigned specialty TIC product/service line(s) in collaboration and at the direction of account owners
▪ Actions on opportunities to sell specialty product / services into highest potential accounts in their assigned portfolio
▪ Supports discovery and opportunity identification for assigned specialty products / services
▪ Works under guidance with account managers (e.g., Sales Representatives aligned to Commercial accounts, KAMs serving Global accounts in sub-scale geographies) to seamlessly work with customers throughout the sales cycle
▪ Serves as primary point of contact for specialty products / services, responsible for articulating value proposition
▪ Brings in additional technical resources (e.g., engineers) when needed to support sales opportunities of assigned specialty products / services
▪ Works under moderate guidance, makes connections and builds trusted advisor status with relevant account owners
▪ Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in engineering or related field
▪ Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), and CRM software
▪ Relevant technical capabilities related to assigned specialty product / service
▪ 3+ years of related sales experience
▪ Deep knowledge and experience with specialty product / services within assigned TIC portfolio
▪ Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
▪ Business acumen and deep understanding of business sales processes
Travel: up to 25%
UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: