Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Exciting opportunity to lead sales of UL's Sustainability and ESG Data Management Software offerings to UL's existing client base. You would primairly be selling our UL 360 products (ESG and Sustainability Management Software | UL), sometimes in combination with advisory or other services.
A consultative sales style and understanding of the sustainability, ESG and software would be a great profile fit for this role. The role will be remote and as such we are flexible on your location within the United States. With an established, highly rated product in the industry and fast paced market you will be set for success.
As a Sales Executive you will work within the standard operating procedures under moderate degree of supervision within
the area of expertise and drives the sale of designated specialty Software products and services independently or in collaboration with account owners.
▪ Serves as main point of client contact for specialty Software products / services throughout sales cycle
▪ Serves as primary point of contact for specialty products / services, responsible for articulating value proposition and managing client interactions
▪ Maintains ongoing relationships after initial sale has closed in order to effectively convert software renewals
▪ Specific to the customer’s current technology platforms and systems, communicates value proposition of assigned specialty products / services to clients based on highly technical knowledge
▪ Actions on opportunities to sell specialty Software product / services
▪ Works with account managers on discovery and opportunity identification for assigned specialty products / services
▪ Collaborates with Scoping Team in gathering customer requirements
▪ Brings in additional technical resources (e.g., engineers) when needed to support sales opportunities of assigned specialty products / services
▪ Provides input to account owner during account planning process on potential growth opportunities within assigned solution area
▪ Makes connections and builds trusted advisor status with relevant account owners
▪ Supports smooth hand-off of customer to implementation teams or E&A customer success post-sale
▪ Supports development of Global Account Manager and Strategic Account Manager multi-year account plans in Software by providing insight on area of specialization (specific product / service)
▪ Contributes to the development of strategy for their assigned specialized Software products / services by providing input on customer needs, pain points, trends, etc. to product /service manager
▪ Maintains ongoing plan to prioritize portfolio of accounts and maintain relationships throughout the year, identifying opportunities for software renewal
▪ Under moderate guidance, performs product demos and advises customers on how to integrate software into an existing IT environment
▪ Uses technical credibility to build relationships with buyers and centers of influence, in support of GAM, SAM and Key Account Managers (serving Global accounts)
▪ Works under moderate guidance of the sales leadership on proposals and closings in the field for assigned specialty product / service sales as directed by GAM, SAM or regionally focused Global support KAM
▪ Works under the guidance of account managers (GAMs, SAMs, KAMs) to seamlessly work with customers throughout the sales cycle
▪ Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets
▪ 2+ years of related sales experience
▪ Business acumen and deep understanding of business sales processes, ideally with a consultative sales background
▪ Ideally deep knowledge and experience with sustainability, ESG, software or a combination of products and services in these fields
▪ Ability to demonstrate software products or to quickly learn this skill
▪ Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), and CRM software
▪ Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in software engineering or related field
UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: