Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Mission/Purpose: To support the intersection of three main components of the successful Product Strategy: defining and owning the product direction; building and growing a product team and establishing the product organization and processes.
Description of Major Role Responsibilities
Product Vision and Strategy:
· Use the previously established product vision in concert with deep market understanding to inform the product strategy
· Evaluate market needs against UL’s and competitors’ unique abilities to address them
· Support and contribute to a go-to-market strategy, describing how value will be delivered to the customer/user, how the product is differentiated from the competition, and what the business model should be
· Prioritize product functions and features into a product roadmap
· Monitor a set of product goals, outcomes and corresponding metrics to continually evaluate against
· Evangelize and communicate the product vision, strategy and goals internally across the organization, as well as externally with client users
Team Building and Culture:
· Actively model and promote a set of desired behaviors aligned with UL’s CBS
· Take ownership of own career and professional development by documenting and communicating career aspirations and any associated development needs to their manager
· Support career development needs of direct reports, by clearly defining expectations for their current role, actively soliciting their career aspirations and helping close any gaps
Product Organization and Processes:
· Support an efficient cross-functional matrix structure to enable effective product development lifecycle
· Execute a robust set of processes to power all parts of the product development lifecycle from research/discovery to release management and product support
· Leverage a standard set of product management tools to be used across the product organization at each of the stages of the lifecycle
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: