Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
• Using in-depth knowledge promotes and sells a portfolio of services to existing accounts not managed by account management teams within new markets and grows clients base within an established territory.
• Identifies new accounts within assigned territory to promote and sell a portfolio of services directly to new clients within new markets.
• Utilizes CRM to create, monitor and revise lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales pipeline focused on new accounts. Identifies and pursues prospects through various lead generating activities, including tradeshow attendance and cold-calling.
• Leads growth of Consumer, Medical, and Information Technology clientele by meeting with prospects to identify and qualify business needs including understanding decision makers, delivery timeframe, budget status, challenge and pain points and competition status.
• Leads development of sales presentations and presents to potential new clients following a disciplined consultative selling strategy that fully leverages the full portfolio of Consumer, Medical, and Information Technology services. Using in-depth knowledge, provides value propositions, handles complex objections, prepares quotes or reviews quotes prepared by others, and closes sales by getting prospects’ commitment with little or no supervision.
• Meets or exceeds assigned sales target on a quarterly basis.
• Coaches and mentors less experienced staff on effective direct sales skills and sales processes that may include client identification and evaluation.
• Performs other duties as directed.
• Experience using a CRM
• University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree) and generally five years of related experience.
• Requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules to senior level management and customers.
• Extensive knowledge of company's products and services.
• Extensive knowledge of company policies and sales processes.
• Minimal business travel is required.
Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com.
UL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female/Minority/disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please review the EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement.
Please review the following additional documents: