UL was founded 125 years ago in response to a rapidly changing world. Novel technologies needed to be understood, codified, and managed. We have contributed to these challenges by using applied research and by developing vital, consensus-based safety standards. We continue to build upon and extend the core sciences and our unwavering commitment to public safety.
As directed by the Board of Trustees, our global vision for the coming decade is to grow the breadth, depth, and impact of our safety mission, especially in fundamental research for safety science. To do so, we will continue to recruit and assemble a world-class faculty of resident and visiting scholars, safety advocates, standards experts, and business leaders who will collaborate to carry out our mission. UL is focused on emerging trends in five key program areas: Human Health, Fire Safety, Transportation, Energy, and Digital Society.
Under minimal supervision, provides administrative and project management support to regional standards managers. Develops standards MOUs based on information given, tracks outreach, developes powerpoint and other presentation and relationship-building materials. Completes all related duties for multiple projects of various complexity for international standards development committees, including IEC, ISO, and SCC SMCs or USTAGs. Administers voting process, compiles comments, and adheres to established procedures and forms. Works with ANSI or SCC, ISO, and IEC staff as needed.
1. Supports Regional Standards Managers. Supports UL Standards MOU program by developing draft agreements and preparing training materials and presentations. Involved in ongoing communications with Standards partners to strengthen relationships.
2. Develops and demonstrates expertise and knowledge of US operations in IEC and ISO, including ANSI/ISO TAGs, and USNC TAGs.
3. Develops and implements strategies to effectively engage stakeholders, recruit new stakeholders, and manage stakeholder relations.
4. Makes independent decisions based on knowledge and available information, as appropriate.
5. Demonstrates quality, timeliness, reliability, consistency, flexibility, and accountability for all assigned tasks.
6. Applies project management practices and techniques and takes project ownership in the development and maintenance of standards requirements and oversight of deliverables.
7. Performs other duties as directed.