Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under minimal supervision, the Senior Food Safety Auditor manages the completion of assigned client food safety audits. Educates and trains client employees, including hourly and salaried staff, on food safety practices. Conducts food safety training for clients and works with them to adopt important food safety principles. Prepares written analyses for clients which include observations, assessments, and recommendations conveyed during the audits.
1. Independently project manages the completion of assigned client food safety audits.
2. Utilizes food safety knowledge and training to objectively analyze and assess food safety, sanitation, and security measures at client locations, primarily restaurants and
3. Educates and trains client employees, including hourly and salaried staff, on food safety practices.
4. Supports the client adoption of important food safety principles.
5. Prepares written analyses for clients which include observations, assessments and recommendations conveyed during the audits.
6. Serves as a liaison between the client and the Health Department when requested.
7. Trains, mentors and provides new auditors with current food safety and sanitation knowledge and standards. Supports management’s efforts to ensure audit work is done consistently throughout the organization.
8. Supports the internal communications plan by providing progress reports, audit statuses, and other critical information.
9. Ensures audits are performed with consistency. Supports management with reviewing and approving audits of assigned staff and providing coaching and feedback.
10. Assists with the improvement of Foodborne Illness, Crisis Management, Standardization, Onboarding, and other programs as directed.
11. Provides support via the auditor help line on a rotating basis.
12. May provide supervision of other Food Safety Auditors.
13. Performs other duties as directed.