The Senior Affirmative Action & Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist has responsibility for producing, analyzing, and managing UL’s Affirmative Action Plans under the general direction of the North America HR Director. Responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal and State AA, EEO, and OFCCP regulations, and for collaborating with Human Resources colleagues by providing guidance for developing and implementing programs and practices. Participate in the evaluation of company-wide progress in creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment.
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
- Manage all aspects of UL’s Affirmative Action Programs, including AAP plan preparation, data analysis, internal plan auditing and annual compensation review. Responsible for compiling, analysis and reporting of data related to UL’s workforce to monitor the effectiveness of Affirmative Action programs.
- Provides guidance and oversight to desk reviews and onsite audits of U.S. offices to ensure that employee records, employee notices, and employment practices meet all compliance expectations. Reviews and audits include I-9 records, corporate compliance training, all required building postings, applicant tracking, selection processes, closed requisition files, record retention and other areas of HR file management.
- Serves as the company's primary point of contact for responses to employment related compliance requests by Federal, State or Local government agencies. In the event of an audit, gathers data from appropriate sources and communicates with government contacts. Coordinates and approves responses for all information requests. Updates as needed EEO and AA data required by state and other municipal governments.
- Provide consultation, guidance, technical assistance and compliance support to HR staff. Partner with HR Stakeholders to enhance diversity outreach programs and improve recruitment and retention of women and minority staff, especially in underutilized job groups; Individuals with Disabilities (IWD) and Veterans. Effectively communicate expectations, accountability and timelines to stakeholders.
- Work closely with HRIS team to improve diversity reporting and maximize the use of data and analytics and related software
- Design, develop and conduct ongoing education training programs for hiring managers, faculty and staff that promote understanding of equal opportunity and affirmative action. Training may also include programs on discrimination and harassment.
- Participate in other HR projects, particularly those involving workforce statistical analysis
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University degree (Equivalent to U.S. Bachelor’s degree) in Human Resources Administration, Business Administration or related field, plus five years professional experience within Human Resources.
- Subject matter expertise in the area of affirmative action and government contractor requirements pertaining to nondiscrimination practices and policies.
- Strong demonstrated working knowledge of concepts, procedures, practices, and legislation related to HR law and workplace guidelines.
- Detailed knowledge of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Strong data and analytical skills. Strong project management skills and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work across multiple functions within HR to drive results and interface with senior management.